Superior. A private Island resort for only a few privileged guests. Vahine Island is located on one of the still untouched blue lagoons of French Polynesia, on Taha'a Island - the sister island of Raiatea. Set on a secluded 10-acre private motu (islet), Vahine Island with its 9 comfortable bungalows is definitely a unique resort. Hidden among coconut trees and multi-color tropical flowers, all bungalows have been made with local woods and bamboos to achieve a perfect integration in this tropical island environment.
The garden extends and allows you to walk through the coconut plantation and tropical flowers. You can also take advantage of 2 magnificent gardens of coral lining the motu.
The staff will offer you a choice of activities: a picnic on a motu, outrigger canoe, snorkeling in the coral gardens that surround the motu, a visit to a pearl farm, fishing, massage and many other possibilities.
Guest Facilities and Activities:
• Gift Shop
• WiFi Internet Access
• Ice Machine/Laundry Service
• Kayaks, Canoes
• Outrigger Canoe
• Pedal Boat
• Beach Bungalow: 538 sq ft. These bungalows sit by the water with views of the lagoon. Polynesian-designed interiors crafted from natural materials and local handicrafts, complete with outdoor hammock and beach shower. King Size Bed or Twin Beds.
• Beach Suite: 1237 sq ft. Admire gorgeous views of Bora Bora from one of the 2 decks; on the hammock or sun-beds overlooking the lagoon. The spacious interior features a King Size Bed, lounge area and bathroom elegantly decorated by a local designer.
• Overwater Bungalow: 753 sq ft. Step into the crystal water with direct access from the Overwater Bungalows. These bungalows feature a sitting area with an aquarium table offering a magical view of the fish underneath. King Size Bed or Twin Beds on request.
• CD/DVD Player
• Ceiling Fans
• Complimentary Tea and Coffee Making Facilities
• Flat Screen TVs
• Free Wireless Internet Access
• Furnished Terrace
• Hair Dryers
• In-room Movies
• In-room Safe
• International Direct Dial Phones
Restaurants and Bars:
• Vahine Restaurant: The art of combining Polynesian and Mediterranean flavors and ingredients produces delicious and original dishes that will impress the most refined palates. Combined with an excellent wine list, dining at Vahine Island has earned the property distinction. A different menu is offered every night, taking into consideration each guest’s special diet requirements. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
• Vahine Island Bar: a unique example of Polynesian artistry: the hotel bar is designed with the use of exotic woods and volcanic stones from Tahaa. Open all day, enjoy a selection of original cocktails using local fresh fruit to more classic but essential spirits and liquors