Ideally situated near the village of Fare, the Maitai Lapita Village offers 32 comfortable bungalows set in a tropical garden atmosphere. The site has a natural lake and also a beautiful white sand beach.
The ancestors of the Polynesians established the village of Lapita on this site. As potters and fishermen, they left numerous traces and archaeological artefacts which were excavated during construction. These artifacts are now displayed in the hotel reception. Your stay at the Maitai Lapita Village will not only be a relaxing one but, in part, a discovery of Polynesian history.
The Maitai Lapita Village offers garden bungalows and lakeside suites with large verandas. While the bungalows do not overlook the beach, the restaurant and swimming pool provide direct access to the sandy shoreline, offering clear views of Raiatea and Taha'a across the way.
• Garden Bungalow: 420 sq ft. Nestled among tropical flowers and fragrant plants, the Garden Bungalows are duplex-style bungalows with interconnecting doors, making them the perfect choice for families. One King Size Bed or Twin Beds.
• Premium Garden Bungalow: 452 sq ft. The interior is inspired by the Lapita pottery and archaeological objects found onsite. Located in the lush garden, each has a terrace to enjoy the exotic surrounds. King Size bed and Twin Beds and 2 Sofa Beds.
• Premium Lake Bungalow: 452 sq ft. These Polynesian style bungalows is perched over the serene lake. A perfect balance of modern and traditional, from the large terrace enjoy both lake and mountain views. King Size Bed or Twin Beds and 2 Sofa Beds.
• Ceiling Fans
• Common Area Wireless Internet Access (Fee)
• Complimentary Tea and Coffee Making Facilities
• Flat Screen TVs
• FREE Common Area Wireless Access
• Furnished Terrace
• Hair Dryers
• In-room Safe
• In-room Wireless Access (Fee)
• International Direct Dial Phones
• Shaver Plug 110V/220V
Restaurants and Bars:
• Omai Restaurant: Serving a delicious fusion of French cuisine and Polynesian dishes, the atmosphere of the restaurant is friendly and welcoming, and the view overlooking the beach and the lagoon is breathtaking. Depending on the season, a Polynesian night featuring local cuisine and entertainment by a Polynesian musical group, dancing and singing! Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
• Oaoa Bar: the perfect place to unwind and relax or chat with other guests around an exotic cocktail, a refreshing local beer, or a great glass of wine. Happy hour is offered 3 times a week. Open 10.00AM to 10.00PM
• Weekly Polynesian Theme Dinners and Dance Shows