Standard. Among the few hotels of this category available in Bora Bora offering a full service for an excellent value, the Maitai Polynesia is located in the southern part of the island on the famous Matira Point, facing Motu Piti Aau.
The resort offers 19 overwater bungalows, 7 beach bungalows and 48 air-conditioned hotel rooms, all featuring a king-size bed, mini-bar, television, telephone and terrace. All of the hotel rooms have a wonderful view either of the lagoon or the tropical gardens. The overwater bungalows feature a glass-bottom table allowing you to observe the lagoon aquatic life directly from the living area.
The resort has two restaurants with international and local cuisine, an intimate bar and a pearl boutique.
• Garden View Room: 290 sq ft. Garden View Rooms are nestled among fragrant gardens along the mountainside and quite close to the resort's main facilities. Spacious and comfortable. One King Size Bed or Twin Beds. Available as interconnecting rooms.
• Ocean View Room: 290 sq ft. Identical to the Garden-View Rooms but with views of Bora Bora’s magnificent lagoon. Relax on your balcony while admiring the ever-changing shades of blue. One King Size Bed or Twin Beds. Available as interconnecting rooms.
• Beach Bungalow: 322 sq ft. Beach Bungalows are located on the beach side of the resort. Natural materials such as pandanus, woven bamboo and exotic woods are used to create the Polynesian decor. One King Size Bed or Twin Beds and Sofa Bed.
• Overwater Bungalow: 322 sq ft. Overwater Bungalows are perched over the lagoon, each with direct access to the lagoon. All are equipped with a glass coffee table to admire the underwater world just below. One King Size Bed or Twin Beds and Sofa Bed.
• Bathtub and Separate Shower
• Ceiling Fans
• Common Area Wireless Internet Access (Fee)
• FREE Common Area Wireless Access
• Furnished Terrace
• Hair Dryers
• In-room Safe
• In-room Wired Internet Access (Fee)
• International Direct Dial Phones
• Iron & Ironing Boards
• Shaver Plug 110V/220V
• Tea & Coffee Making Facilities, except in garden rooms
Restaurants and Bars:
• Haere Mai Restaurant: Haere Mai means "Come here" in Tahitian, and you will find the atmosphere of the restaurant to be very welcoming and romantic. Discover an eclectic mix of French cuisine and Polynesian flavors on the menu. One evening per week, enjoy a Polynesian night featuring a delicious Polynesian barbecue and a buffet of local produce and other traditional Polynesian attractions. Open for Dinner.
• Tama'a Maitai: the Tama'a Maitai is located by the edge of the lagoon. The restaurant has a Fare Potee (Polynesian chief's house or meeting place) and was built in the Polynesian tradition of using local materials with a woven pandanus roof and an open kitchen. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed, and the menu offers light meals, salads, pizzas, hamburgers, freshly caught fish and other specialties for dinner. Open for throughout the day for Lunch and Dinner
• Manuia Bar: The Manuia Bar is a perfect place to unwind and relax or chat with other guests over an exotic cocktail, a refreshing local beer or a great glass of wine. Sit back and listen to music while sipping on a drink at the bar nestled in the heart of a tropical garden. Open from 5.30PM to 10.30PM.
• Beach Bar: The perfect place to grab an afternoon drink, relax and enjoy the surrounding scenery. Open from 9.30AM to 5.30PM.
• Weekly Polynesian Theme Dinners and Dance Shows.