***This resort is currently closed. We will advise once it reopens***
First Class. Located on one of the nicest white sand beaches on Tahiti’s west coast, Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort by Sofitel faces the lagoon bordered by the coral reef with the island of Moorea in the background.
All spacious 146 rooms and 8 suites are traditionally decorated with wood and natural stones inspired by Polynesian architecture. The resort features 2 restaurants, outrigger canoes, a tennis court and the largest sand-bottom swimming pool in the South Pacific set in the middle of a tropical garden.
Guest Facilities and Activities:
• Sand Bottom Swimming Pools, Jacuzzi
• Dive Center
• Ice Machine, Laundry/Dry Cleaning Service
• Business Center, Internet Access
• Activity Desk, Car Rental Desk
• Aquagym, Snorkeling Equipment
• Kayaks, Canoes
• Petanque, Table Tennis
• Tennis Court, Volleyball
• Superior Garden View Room: 520 sq ft. Located on the first floor of the resort, offering views over the lush tropical gardens. All rooms also overlook the sandy bottom swimming pool. One King Size Bed or Twin Beds.
• Luxury Garden View Room: 520 sq ft. Located from the 2nd to the 4th floors of the resort, these rooms offer the most stunning views of the surrounding lagoon and island of Moorea from the private balcony. One King Size Bed or Twin Beds.
• Luxury Garden Family Room: 520 sq ft. Located through the resort, the Luxury Garden Family Room have views over the gardens of the lagoon of Tahiti and offer a large balcony overlooking the resort. Two Queen Beds and 1 Sofa Bed.
• Luxury Panoramic Room: 520 sq ft. Located on the top floors (4th, 5th and 6th) of the resort, these rooms offer 180° breathtaking views over the tropical gardens, beach and across the lagoon to the sister island of Moorea. One King Size Bed or Twin Beds + 1 Sofa Bed.
• Luxury Overwater Bungalow: 600 sq ft. Suspended over the lagoon, the overwater bungalows offer the ultimate Polynesian experience: traditional Tahitian accommodation and stunning views of a rich coral garden with colorful marine life. Access to the lagoon is possible at the end of the pontoon.
• Junior Suite: 930 sq ft. Ideally located in the central part of the resort, the Junior Suites offer exquisite views over the beautiful tropical gardens, swimming pool and the resort. These spacious suites feature an over sized corner terrace.
• Prestige Suite: 1400 sq ft. Located at the very end of the building, both Prestige Suites offer dramatic views over the Pacific Ocean. Large contemporary living room with unobstructed vistas and a comfortable bedroom with exotic designs, are some of the features of these suites.
• Presidential Suite: 1930 sq ft. Located on the top floor of the main building, the Presidential suite at the Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort by Sofitel offers a unique and unsurpassed experience on the island. The opulent suite features a large fully furnished terrace, intimate bedroom and a sun drenched living room.
• Bathtub and Separate Shower
• Complimentary Tea and Coffee Making Facilities
• Flat Screen TVs
• Furnished Terrace
• Hair Dryers
• In-room Safe
• In-room WI-FI Internet Access (Free)
• International Direct Dial Phones
• I-pod Docking Stations
• Iron & Ironing Boards
Restaurants and Bars:
• L'Astrolabe Bar: set amoungst the resort’s lush tropical gardens, enjoy light snacks and island cocktails. The newly renovated bar features exotic woods and woven furniture mixed with brightly-colored accents, enhancing the Polynesian theme and the overall ambiance. Open late afternoon until midnight
• La Plantation Restaurant: experience Polynesian specialties and other international cuisine in the open-air restaurant. La Plantation features theme-night buffets several times a week with a Tahitian Dance Show every Fridays. Open for Breakfast, and Dinner
• Le Carre Restaurant: gourmet restaurant featuring an extensive menu of a la carte dishes accompanied by a large selection of wines amid stylish decor, exotic furnishings and impressive views of the lagoon. Open for Dinner
• Puna Bar Restaurant: set by the largest sand-bottom swimming pool in the South Pacific, guests can choose from a selection of refreshing cool drinks and tasty snacks. Open from late morning until late evening